The Internet of Things is a system of interrelated computing devices which are provided with unique identifiers (UIDs) and can transfer data over networks without the need for human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction. IoT is a concept where devices such as washing machines, cell phones, coffee makers, lamps, headphones, etc. are connected to the internet via an on-and-off switch. In short, IoT refers to a giant network of connected things.
IoT Security is the act of securing Internet devices and the networks they are connected to from threats and breaches by protecting, identifying, and monitoring risks all while helping fix vulnerabilities from a range of devices that can pose security risks to your business.
The job description of IoT Security can include the following:
- Create and develop devices, sensors and software.
- Research, create, test and document IoT solutions.
- Design, code and test features of IoT devices.
- Provide solutions to issues related to the connection of networks and platforms.
- Analyze user needs and work as service designers.
- Develop software that monitors and executes processes.
- Design platform solutions that are cloud-compatible and work with IoT applications.
- Develop software that allows IoT devices to function and connect to other devices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an equivalent technical field.
- Mastery and experience in programming languages.
- In-depth understanding of computer programming and network security.
- Proficient knowledge of sensors.
- Knowledge of machine learning and AI.
- Experience working with front-end and back-end systems.
- Experience with custom-built firmware and hardware.
- Familiarity with Big Data and machine learning algorithms.
- Firm understanding of IoT architecture and principles.
- Knowledge of device and data security.
- Work and collaborate well with others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.